Article Requests & Policies
Requests for articles can be made within the library’s discovery platform, Primo, using the “Get it From Interlibrary Loan” links that display on each article record. Requests can also be made directly within ILLiad using the Article or Book Chapter request forms. If it appears we have access from a publisher but the article is unavailable, please submit an Interlibrary Loan request.
Scans from HSL’s Print Collection
Articles in journals or books that Upstate owns in print can be requested for scanning. When viewing an owned print article in Primo, the option to “Request a Scan from HSL’s Print Collection” will appear (when signed into Primo). Clicking this option will import the citation into ILLiad. Citations can also be manually entered in ILLiad.
Retrieving Articles in ILLiad
Articles remain in ILLiad for 90 days and must be saved outside of ILLiad in order to retain a copy of the article. To retrieve your articles you have a few different options:
- Click the link from the email notifying you that the electronic article has been received and ready to view. This is a direct link to the PDF
- Log into your account at: https://hsl.upstate.edu/illiad-logon. The Home page of ILLiad will have a list of PDFs Available for Download
- Use the Search function in ILLiad to find your request. Click the relevant search result, and then click “View Item” at the top of the page.
The Health Sciences Library will NOT fill requests for the following items:
- E-journal articles that we own or that you may obtain from the New York State Library (NYSL)
- Duplicate articles
- More than 50% of a journal issue