Using Pharos MyPrintCenter
The Pharos MyPrintCenter allows for you to manage your printing through an online portal.
- Log into the Pharos MyPrintCenter located at https://printcenter.upstate.edu/. You will need to use your Upstate login credentials.
- By default, you will see the print jobs you have sent to the Pharos B&W or Color Queues
- You also have options to add prints to your queue via
- Emailing a document or URL to a specified email address
- Uploading a document to the Print Center via the “Upload” button
Uploading Prints via Email
As the Library team has incorporated your @upstate.edu email address to your print center accounts, by default any standard print document (.doc, docx, .xls, .pdf, .jpg …etc) will be entered into the print queue with your Upstate AD username.
You can send your prints to one of two emails.
Once your print job has finished you will receive an email from email@example.com confirming that your job has completed converting and is ready to print.
If you send a print to one of these two print queue emails from an account outside of @upstate.edu (e.g. @gmail.com, @yahoo.com) then you will receive an email to register this email to your print center account. Doing so may remove your @upstate.edu address from the account registration.
Additionally, the system can convert URLs you email to the queue into printable documents. However, there are limitations as to the type of URL you can submit and if the information is behind a login. For example, any articles you find in a journal that the Library subscribes to cannot be printed via emailing the URL, as the Pharos MyPrintCenter system cannot access the journal. You will instead need to copy/paste the full text or send the PDF of the full text article to the queue.
Uploading Prints via “Upload” button
You may use the “Upload” button provided in the MyPrintCenter to upload any full text articles, word documents, images or other types of supported media to be processed for printing, and a job to be created within the print queue.
Supported File Types
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- Microsoft Visio (.vdx, .vsd, .vsdx)
- Image Formats (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tif)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Text Formats (.rtf, .txt, .csv)
Note: As of this time, we are not releasing printer drivers to the general public so they may install them on their personal computer.