Library Printing using Pharos
The Library utilizes a print-management system called Pharos to manage printing for students. The Pharos system allows students to:
- send print jobs to be printed
- release print jobs at a specific printer
- manage account balances to pay for print jobs
The Library has introduced new features to the Pharos system, including the ability to take credit card payments through PayPal, and offer “Mobile” printing solutions.
In order to utilize the new print system & features, you will need to send prints by utilizing the MyPrintCenter features.
The queues available are:
- PHAROS - B&W - Black and white printing is available on the first and second floors of the Library.
- PHAROS - COLOR - Color printing is available on the first and second floors of the Library.
When asked, use your Upstate username for the print job on your computer. This will register your prints to your account.
Go to a Pharos Canon MFP copier located on the first & second floor of the Library. You will need to log into Pharos using your Upstate username and password or use your ID badge with the proximity card reader on the Canon MFP device.
Note: The first time scanning your ID badge will require you to login with your Upstate username and password.
Logging into the release station will allow the following:
- View only the prints you sent to the printer.
- Access the print balances associated with your account.
Alternately, you can use the MyPrintCenter (printcenter.upstate.edu) to release prints to the printer. You will be able to add funds in the MyPrintCenter using PayPal.
Once you log in, you will be then shown your prints in the Pharos print queue and be able to print.
Printing costs are as follows:
Black & White - $.08 per page
Color - $.70 per page