Computer areas in the Library
John Bernard Henry, M.D. Computer Learning Center
Located on the second floor of the library, this center is only available to Upstate students, staff, and faculty. The center includes:
- 2 computer classrooms(each includes instructor computer, projector, & screen)
220 - 15 computers
222c - 24 computers
To reserve the classrooms
Contact the Educational Communications (EdComm) Department at 4-4860 or via their room reservations page .
Open Computing Area
- 20 PC's & 8 Macs
- Color & regular printing
1st Floor Library Computers
- There are 4 computers on the first floor for students, faculty, and staff. 2 in the in the back reading area, 2 in room 128
- There are 2 computers available for general public use near the 1st floor entrance to the library. A USB computer key - available from the library services desk - is required to use these computers.
Library visitors may access the wireless network throughout the library by selecting "UpstateGuest." Upstate affiliates who wish to connect to the Upstate network can find information at Academic Computing .
Printing, Photocopying and Scanning
All library users have access to printing, and will be charged per page. To learn more, please read our Student Printing section of the website.
Students may use the Canon multi-function printer (MFP) located on the first floor to make photocopies. You will need to have a print balance on your Upstate ID card to be able to do. Please read our Student Printing section of the website for more information.
Using a USB to scan or print on the Copy Machines
Students may scan to a USB device free of charge on the 1st floor free of charge, but must first log in with their Upstate username and password, or badge into the card reader located on the Canon MFP. Please refer to our Using Pharos Enabled Canon Copiers page to learn more about using the scanning features of the Canon MFP device.
- One TV/VCR or DVD player is located in a study carrel on the 3rd floor reading room, several others are located in group study rooms on the 2nd floor
- Group study rooms must be requested at the Library Service Desk.