Illiad Web Updates
The ILLiad website design has been updated to give users a more consistent, intuitive experience. Many of the functions within ILLiad are unchanged, but there are a few notable improvements:
- For imported citations, a new link will appear across the top of article requests that will bring users to the New York State Library. The link opens in a new tab, and will automatically check whether the article’s availability at the New York State Library.
- The term “Outstanding Requests” has been changed to “Requests in Process”
- “Electronically Received Articles” will now be called "Articles Ready to Download"
- Users will now have the option to indicate whether the article being requested is being used directly for patient care
If there are any concerns or comments, please email email@example.com or call 315-464-5116
Our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Department will obtain materials (articles, books, videos, and more) from other libraries when our library doesn't own or license what you need. To submit a request or check on an existing request, please log in to the ILLiad system. Email access is required to receive notifcations about your ILL requests.
To learn how to submit an ILL request, visit our guide at: http://upstate.libguides.com/ILLhelp
Contact: 315-464-5116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interlibrary Loan Policies and Procedures
Who is eligible for Interlibrary Loan?
- You must be an Upstate affiliate (student, faculty, staff or resident) to use this service. Use your Novell account to log into ILLiad.
- Emeritus faculty must complete an account request form. The Health Sciences Library will pay copyright fees of up to $200.00 per calendar year to obtain unlicensed articles via Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) for an emeritus faculty member.
- Visiting researchers, visiting students and non-matriculated students are not eligible.
- Voluntary faculty are eligible to obtain articles and book chapters, not books.
Items Restricted from Interlibrary Loan
The Health Sciences Library will not fill requests for the following items:
- E-journal articles that we own or that you may obtain from the New York State Library (NYSL)
- Required texts & textbooks
- Books on closed reserve
- More than 5 books at a time with certain exceptions- call ;315-464-5116 and ask to speak with an ILL staff person
- Duplicate articles
- More than 50% of a journal issue
Articles remain in ILLiad for 60 days and must be saved outside of ILLiad in order to retain a copy of the article. To retrieve your article:
- Log into your account at: http://hsl.upstate.edu/illiad-logon
- Under "View" in the left menu, select "Retrieve Your Articles" where you will find your article posted.
Book Borrowing Policies
Books and media will be placed at the Library Services Desk for pickup. The borrower is responsible for returning items to the Library Services Desk by the due date indicated.
Books Not Picked Up: You will be sent a maximum of 3 e-mails notifying you that your book is available for pick up at the Library. If the book is not picked up within 5 days and we do not receive a response to our messages, your book will be returned to the lending library and you will be charged a $20 processing fee.
Overdue Books: You will be sent a maximum of 3 overdue notices via e-mail. If you fail to return the book or to contact the Interlibrary Loan Department to make other arrangements, your book will be considered overdue and you will be charged a $20 processing/overdue fee. New ILL requests will not be processed if you have an overdue book.
Lost or Damaged Books: Customers are financially responsible for the full cost of replacement, including a processing fee, for any item that is lost or excessively damaged.
Renewals: A book renewal may be requested by phone (315-464-5116), by email email@example.com, or by logging into your ILLiad account and selecting the renewal option. Renewals should be requested before the due date. We cannot guarantee a renewal for every book, but we will do our best.
- ILL Book Loan Periods: Loan periods vary depending on institution. ILL Books are not available for loan for an entire semester. Refer to renewal process if you need to attempt to extend the loan period, however we cannot guarantee renewals.
Book Delivery Service
The Health Sciences Library will deliver materials via intercampus mail to Upstate Faculty and Staff. To sign up for this service you must have a reliable on campus address where you can receive mail.
- To sign up for this service:
- choose delivery when you reply to the email that presents you with the option of pickup or delivery, or contact the Interlibrary Loan office
- Include your on campus address where you can receive mail
- Include the LIB number located on your Upstate ID
- Items will be sent (and may be returned) in a pink bag.
- To return the item, simply remove the address in the bag window, and Intercampus Mail will know to return it to our address in the top corner of the bag.
- Oversized, rare and expensive items are not eligible for delivery.
- Mailing Exceptions: Some materials are unsuitable for delivery via campus mail (i.e., items that are oversized, rare, expensive or have short loan periods). We will contact you to make other arrangements should this situation apply.
For more information about our document delivery or interlibrary loan services, please contact us as 315-464-5116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.