The Health Sciences Library (HSL), through its exemplary customer services, ensures the discoverability and accessibility of the information resources needed to promote a healthy community.
The HSL provides staffed access most days until midnight, offers complimentary coffee & hot water, and hosts a variety of workshops and events.
Our 26-person team is a mix of professionals and librarian faculty. We are active on campus and in the hospitals, serving on committees and providing information services. We are your direct line to customized library services, some of the things we can help you with are:
- Literature searches in support of scholarship and patient care
- Research consultations for systematic reviews
- Evidence-based searching instruction
- Finding articles in full text
- Departmental-specific orientations & support
- Licensing journals and databases
- Accessing mobile resources
- Obtaining items via interlibrary loan
- Registering for after-hours permissions
- Borrowing books and other materials
- Selecting a journal for publishing
- Learning about the history of the institution
- Learn about apps & mobile resources
- View our current HSL hours & exceptions
- Browse our subject guides
- Find information about interlibrary loan, a complimentary service for items outside our subscriptions
- Sign up for the New York State Library to expand your access to full text articles, available immediately
The HSL also offers an After-Hours program providing access to the library outside our regularly staffed hours. Please come visit us at the library to register with us.