EndNote 8 Installation for PC
The installer file is large and may take several minutes to download. Please wait until it completely downloads before running it.
- Save/download the installer "ENX8Inst.msi " (88 MB) to your PC.
- Do not run the installer from the web link, download it to your computer!
- Save/download the license "License.dat " (1 KB) to your PC.
- Do not select "open with..." you must select "save file..."
- You must download the License.dat file and it must be saved in the same folder as ENX8Inst.msi!
- Perform installation after both ENX8Inst.msi and License.dat have been downloaded...
- right-click ENX8Inst.msi on your PC, and select "install"
- If asked "do you want to run this file?..." click the "run" button.
- When the installer runs...
- use the default options (you should see the installer pre-set with Upstate's serial number.)
- at the license agreement screen you must select "I accept license agreement" to complete the installation.
- Wait for the installer to finish, when you see "EndNote X8 has been successfully installed" click "finish" to close the installer.
- Now you can use EndNote
If you click multiple times on the .msi and/or .dat files, you may end up with multiple downloads. The install will work only with EX8Inst.msi and LICENSE.dat. If you have a License(1).dat or similar, delete these files, then click on the EX8Inst.msi.
If you were using any MS products prior to running the install, you will need to reboot your computer in order to complete the install.
EndNote 8 Installation for Mac
- Save/download the endnote_for_mac.dmg file (93 MB) to your computer.
- After the file is saved, double click it.
- Drag the Endote application icon into applications folder to install
- After you install EndNote on your computer check out our tutorial about how to use it.