Classrooms & Study RoomsComputer classrooms, group study rooms, and private carrels are available in the library for Upstate students, faculty, and staff to reserve.
There are 2 computer classrooms located on the 2nd floor of the Library, 220 & 222c:
- Room 220- a 15-seat computer classroom with projector and teaching station.
- Room 222C- a 24-seat computer classroom with projector and teaching station.
To reserve one of the classrooms, contact the Educational Communications (EdComm) Department at 4-7911. Please check the classroom calendar ahead of time for availability.
Library Study Rooms
The Library has two types of study rooms.
Group Study Rooms (Short-Term Use):
- 9 Group Study rooms are available on the 2nd floor of the Library.
- Rooms can be requested by Upstate students, faculty and staff who present a valid Upstate ID at the Library Service Desk.
- Unless reserved ahead of time, rooms are checked out on a first come first serve basis at the Library Service Desk.
- Group study rooms located on the 2nd floor 226, 227, 228, 229, 229a, have TV/VCR or DVD players.
- Dry erase markers can be checked out at the Library Service Desk to use in the rooms.
- Rooms hold 1-4 people, a few are larger.
- Individuals can check out rooms for 6 hours at a time, with renewal when available.
- Check room availability online.
Private Study Carrels (Long-Term Use):
- 10 lockable, one-person carrels are available in the Library basement.
- Carrels can be reserved by faculty or graduate students who have a long-term need. (Ex: graduate students preparing for their qualifying exam or writing their thesis, or a faculty member writing a book).
- Carrels can be reserved for up to one semester.
- Carrels are assigned on a first come first serve basis. Request a private study carrel.
- Each carrel has its own key, which MUST be returned at the end of the agreed upon time frame.